We intentionally set our waxing services apart from the rest. We have four different types of wax available at all times for all skin and hair types. Sensitive skin or coarse or stubborn hair – no problem! We have hard wax available for any waxing service. We always cleanse the area prior to waxing; a step may other spas skip. The removal process is fast and as painless as possible with an expert when it comes to waxing. We never double dip! We cool and soothe the area after the waxing and apply a liquid exfoliant and aloe gel that promotes healing and prevents any ingrown hairs and/or bacterial contamination or breakouts!
Important Waxing Information
- In the interest of your safety and protection, our policy at Origins Massage and Wellness is to replace each applicator every time it touches the skin. This ensures that a used applicator is never dipped into the fresh wax. Don’t believe the lies of individuals saying that no bacteria can grow when you double dip!
- Waxing helps SLOW hair growth and keep skin smoother LONGER.
- Waxing changes the structure of your hair follicle. Thick, coarse hair becomes softer, finer, and smaller and weaker.
- When compared to shaving, waxing weaken the roots and depresses hair growth.
- We can usually remove hair from all over the body. Ladies, imagine perfectly shaped eyebrows, no more upper lip or chin hair, underarms free of hair for weeks, legs stubble free. And don’t forget the bikini area! Guys: chest and abdomen, backs and shoulders with clean, smooth necklines. You’re working out hard in the gym to hide your definition under spools of hair?
- The most popular wax is facial waxing and bikini/Brazilian waxing.
- We have four different kinds of waxavailable for every waxing service. This allows us to choose the best wax to perform your service as quickly and effectively as possible.
- We have organic wax, hard and soft wax, wax for sensitive skin, wax for coarser hair, for finer hair and scented wax as well
- You will never have a nightmare waxing experience here! Our therapist has years of experience using many techniques, making us confident in providing premium waxing services for all areas!
Preparing for a bikini or brazilian wax
- It is a good idea to gently exfoliate your bikini line, very gently, the night before your Brazilian or bikini wax. In fact, you can gently exfoliate your bikini line every day/evening. This helps deter those pesky ingrown hairs and aids in a speedy removal.
- Don’t be embarrassed – like your doctor, anyone specializing in “extreme” bikini waxing has seen it all before (literally) and will do their best to put you at ease.
- If you are very sensitive in that area, take an Advil 30 minutes before coming in for your waxing services. (That is, if you are not allergic to Advil!)
- Also you can request at your appointment an over-the-counter numbing spray to be used during the waxing session if you are too uncomfortable. This spray is used specifically for waxing, not first aid.
- Do exfoliate after a Brazilian or bikini wax, and if you are prone to ingrown hair then you will need to purchase a liquid exfoliant and apply it on that area 12 hours after your waxing service and daily thereafter for best results.
- Do go prepared – if it’s your first wax, or you haven’t done a waxing recently, you should trim your hairs to about 3/4 inch or less (but leave enough for the wax to hold on-to).
- Do relax – yes, because getting a bikini wax is easier than you think. Take a deep breath and then lie back and think of how sexy you will look without any hair for at least four weeks.
- Do give it a go – if you don’t like the look, it will all grow back, but like Gwyneth Paltrow is quoted as saying, a Brazilian wax could change your life for the better!
|Brow Shaping||$15 (everyday low price)|
|Brow Wax Touch-Up||$10|
|Lip and Chin Wax||$10 ea.|
|Full Facial wax Combo||$35 + up|
|Brazilian||$65 + up|
|Customized waxing for anything beyond a simple bikini but not a Brazilian, will be priced at time of service.||$30 – $60|
|Chest||$35 + up|
|Full Back||$55 + up|
|1/2 Leg includes knees and optional toes||$35 + up|
|Full Leg includes optional toes||$70 + up|
|1/2 Arm (hand to elbow)||$25|
|Full arm (hand to shoulder)||$45 + up|